Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wedding Day


 Last week I posted about our preparations for my oldest son Jon's wedding.  Well it's over and it went off without any glitches!  I absolutely am thrilled with how well it went.

The theme was a southern vintage style.  We held the wedding outside at the beautiful Alexander Homestead in Charlotte, North Carolina.  This is a historical site with a very old home that has been converted to a venue mainly for weddings.  The grounds include a beautiful gazebo and garden.  The reception took place in the on-site spectacular rustic but elegant "barn" - not a true barn but barn style building.

Here are some pics of the events leading up to the wedding.

First the Bridal Luncheon - a Mexican Fiesta style at the Mother of the Bride's home:
Bridesmaids enjoying some of the delicious food and refreshments

Bridesmaids opening their gifts
Ashley with her mother (on left) and aunt (right)

The Rehearsal Dinner:
Jon and Ashley exchanging gifts

My family - myself, son Jon, Mike (my youngest son) and Jerry (my husband)

 The Big Day - Bridesmaids getting hair and make-up done at my house:
Great pics taken by Bridesmaid Heather Rickelman



Ashley and Angela (Matron of Honor) having some fun
Ashley with hair and make-up being finished

Ashley getting finishing touches on her hair


The Groomsman getting ready - pictures taken by my husband:
Best Man Matt Miller and my son Mike - trying to tie their bow ties

The Groom and his Groomsmen all dressed - a handome bunch!

The Bride and Bridesmaids putting the finishing touches on just before the Wedding:



Bridesmaid Sarah and Matron of Honor Angela



Ashley just before the Wedding

After the Ceremony:

The Bridesmaids - all so beautiful!

The Groomsman getting ready to have their picture made by the real photographer

Mother and Son's Dance at the Reception

Another Picture of The Beaming and Happy Couple!
Wedding Jewelry:
I mentioned in my previous post I would show some pictures of the Bride's jewelry that I designed.  For the necklace I used Swarovski crystal pearls in Cream and Rose Gold, then Swarovski crystals in Palace Green and antique brass bead caps.  I used antique brass wire to wire wrap the beaded links and used a bit of antique brass chain for the end. The earrings have the same beads and antique brass ear wires.

Bridal Necklace and Earrings


For the bridesmaid jewelry I used a small antique silver heart on which I handstamped their first initial.  Then I added a small dangle with Swarovski crystal pearl in Rose Gold and put both on a pretty antique silver chain.  The earrings have larger matching crystal pearls with antique silver bead caps and clear Swarovski crystals.

Bridesmaid Necklace


Bridesmaid Earrings

All in all, I felt the wedding was a huge success.  I will post some pictures taken by the professional photographer in a week or two - I'm sure they will likely be better than mine - but I still enjoyed capturing the moment with my amateur style pics!










7 comments:

  1. Hi Irene, Congrats to the happy couple. What a wonderful day. Love all your pics and everything looks perfect. Gorgeous dresses for the bridesmaids and the jewelry you designed is gorgeous. The happy couple are beautiful and I know you are so proud of them both.
    Best wishes always. Thank you for sharing your pics. Enjoyed seeing them. I can imagine you are taking a much needed rest.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed ... I did nothing but rest for the first couple of days afterward. But it was so worth all the effort and it was a picture perfect wedding. Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!
      Irene

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, so glad it all went so well, I love the color of the bridesmaids dresses...So pretty, and the jewelry was perfect!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol! We did indeed have lots of fun picking out colors, making and picking out props and jewelry!
      Irene

      Delete
  3. Such wonderful photos of this very special event. Your jewelry creations are gorgeous...love the colors! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a very special day and I did indeed enjoy every second of it. Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!
      Irene

      Delete
  4. What a special day. Your jewelry designs were the perfect accessory.

    ReplyDelete