Note: This post has been updated June 2014. My vendor list below is in alphabetical order.
- Good selection of beads and findings.
- Prices fairly reasonable - better with sales and coupons - which are frequent. Quantity discount given for multiple units per item purchased. Be sure to sign up for email newsletter to receive coupons and sales announcements.
- Good instructional videos and tutorials about jewelry making are also available on their site.
- Free shipping on all orders over $10.
- Absolutely the bottom line pricing I have found for fashion chain! They do not offer sterling silver, solid gold, etc. but have an outstanding selection of high quality electroplated base metal chain. I love their antiqued silver, antiqued gold and antiqued brass chains!
- Wholesale account required - you must create a wholesale account and provide your retail license number to be able to view prices and make purchases.
- I have not ordered anything other than chain from them, but they do offer a somewhat limited selection of beads and findings.
- Shipping is based on weight of the order and can be somewhat high when ordering heavy items such as chain.
- Extensive inventory of beads and findings. They also carry gemstones - but somewhat limited selection.
- Their "All Assortable Pricing" strategy makes them the bottom line pricing for staples that I use over and over such as earring findings, headpins, jump rings, etc. Pricing is listed for 1-14 units, 15-49 units, 50-199 units and 200 or more units. The best part is that unlike many sites where quantity discounts are given based on the number of each item you purchase, at FireMountainGems you can combine all units. In other words, you don't have to buy 200 pairs or earring wires to receive the 200 unit discount. For example, you could buy 50 units of earring wires, 50 units of headpins, 25 units of Czech red beads, 25 units of blue beads, 30 units of Swarovski crystals, and 20 units of sterling silver beads.
- Good tutorial and instructional source.
- Shipping is $5.00 per order if you choose FedEx - no matter how large your order! There is also a $2.65 handling charge - total shipping and handling is $7.65.
- Good selection of beads and findings.
- Prices are fairly good but not the best. Sign up for their newsletter to take advantage of sales for best pricing. Quantity discount available based on number units per item purchased.
- Very good Tutorial site! Find easy to follow instructions on techniques here.
- Free shipping on all U.S. orders.
- Offers nice selection of vintage style components, rhinestones, and beads.
- Minimum order required of $20.
- Discount of 10% given on orders over $100.
- Shipping cost based on weight of order. Standard shipping is USPS First Class Mail up to 13 oz. Orders over 13 oz. are shipped by Priority Mail at $5.95. Shipping upgrades are available for Express shipping.
- Website is somewhat difficult and cumbersome to navigate, but the inventory selection is quite good.
- Decent selection of beads and supplies.
- Prices are reasonable. Quantity discount given based on number of units per item you purchase.
- Shipping is reasonable, but not free. They do ship fast - I always receive my order quickly!
- Incredible selection of high quality gemstones.
- No minimum order required but quantity discounts given for orders over $75.
- Shipping is free for orders over $39.
- Free tutorials are included on their website.
- Decent selection of beads and components.
- Prices reasonable and quantity discounts given.
- Minimum order of $25 to order on their website. If you want to order less, you can call and place an order and pay a handling fee of $4.00.
- Shipping rates are based on weight of order.
- Absolutely my favorite site for vintage style jewelry supplies. Although not actual vintage pieces, many of their stampings and designs are from the original dies of the Victorian era.
- Prices are very reasonable. Although no quantity discount is available, I find the prices are quite fair and have never been disappointed with the quality of their products.
- No wholesale account required.
- Excellent links for tips, tutorials and inspiration ideas!
- Reasonable shipping rates - $3.00 per order. I have found their shipping to be prompt and accurate - usually receiving my order within 3-5 days of placing it.
- Great site for every type of wire used for wire-wrapping and making findings.
- Prices are quite good and they offer frequent sales and promotions - be sure to join their email list to take advantage of these.
- Excellent tutorials and tips are found on their blog.
- Shipping rates are reasonable at $4.95 per order when you spend up to $150 and free if you spend over $150.
These are some of my favorite sites for larger volume orders and staples I use a lot of. I also have several Etsy sites I have used for specialty items and smaller orders. Here are a few of my "faves" that have excellent products as well as great customer service:
Adidit: Beautiful digital collage sheets - mostly with vintage style themes.
YadanaBeads: Large selection of beads and jewelry components.
YummyTreasures: Specializes in vintage beads and supplies.
Please feel free to share your experiences about these or other sites for jewelry supply shopping!