Thursday, March 14, 2013

How To Verify Your Pinterest Account on GoDaddy Website Builder


Have you had trouble verifying your Pinterest account on GoDaddy Website Builder's Economy site?  I certainly had some difficulty in the process, but finally after quite a while of experimenting and searching on Google, I have been able to get it done.  Now, note that I have GoDaddy's Economy version - the Free account - and an upgraded Paid account might be much easier to verify with.

Why is verifying your Pinterest account important?
  • It builds credibility and lets the world know your business is legitimate.
  • Your URL will be more prominently displayed making it easier for Pinners to find out about you and engage.
  • It improves your search engine rankings.  Enough said!
One important note - for some reason Google Chrome and Firefox would not work for this process on my Mac.  I had to use Safari.  Not sure why, but just know Safari was what worked.  I'm not sure if the process will be less or more cumbersome on a PC, but here's how I did it on my Mac:

1.  Log into your Pinterest account.

2.  Under your Profile name at the top right of the screen, click on "Settings."

3.  Beside your website URL name, click on "Verify Your Website."

4.  You will be taken to a screen where you are given a choice of either uploading a HTML file or adding a Metatag.  Choose Verify with a Metatag.  (If you have the Free Economy version of GoDaddy, verifying with a Metatag is the only method that I could find would work.)

5.  Copy the Metatag code.

6.  Go to your GoDaddy Website Builder site and click on "Launch Page Designer."

7.  Click on "Pages" at the top of the screen.  Then click on "Page Properties" and then click on  Metadata.

8.  In the Keywords section, paste the Metatag code that you copied from your Pinterest account.

9. Click "OK" then make sure you Publish to save the changes.

10. Go back to your Pinterest account and click on "Click here" to complete the process.

FINALLY, I'm verified!  Click HERE to see my Pinterest Profile complete with Verification!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I was able to follow your instructions and got verified in less than 10 minutes :)
    website design

    ReplyDelete