Saturday, June 26, 2010

Another Glass Fire Opal Design



I am still enjoying my newest fascination with glass fire opals.  For my newest creation I used a topaz glass opal with a rich warm mix of gold, amber and topaz colors.  I created a setting for this stone using a simple round mounting which I layered with a more ornate round setting - both in antiqued brass.  Czech glass beads in clear fire polish and "vintage bronze" add to the vintage style charm of this piece.  A medium weight 5mm rollo textured chain gives this piece a substantial feel.  Measures 18 inches long.  Finished with an ornate antiqued brass pewter hook and eye clasp.



I found this stone and several of the metal components at VintageJewelrySupplies.com.  Remaining components are from firemountaingems.com.

This necklace is available in my Etsy shop DJAjewels.etsy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment